User Provided Information
Registration with us is required in order to be able to use the basic features of the Application. When you register with us and use the Application, you provide your name and email address. We may also use the information you provided us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions. Receiving these occasional communications from us is required as part of your use of the application to support your chosen animal organization.
Automatically collected information
This application does collect information about the location of your device. Once consent is given to enable location services on the device, we use the device location to locate the animal shelter closest to you when the Application is first run. We also collect your starting and ending location each time an activity ends solely for the purpose of registering your activity so we may support the animal shelter you choose based on your Walking, Biking, or Running activities. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement. If WoofTrax, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information;
- with the animal organization(s) that you choose to support through the Walk for a Dog app. These animal organizations may use this information to contact you to thank you for your support and they may ask you for additional support and otherwise add your information to their regular communications;
- to advertisers, sponsors, and third-party advertising networks and analytics companies as described below under the Section entitled Automatic Data Collection and Advertising.
Automatic Data Collection and Advertising
This Application is supported via advertising, and collects data to help the Application serve ads. We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how the Application is being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. Advertisers and advertising networks use some of the information collected by the Application, as allowed by Apple, Inc. and Google, Inc.
What are my opt-out rights?
Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the Application – You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
Contact us – If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at Privacy@Wooftrax.com